Tuesday, March 3, 2009

artygirlz 75 AND aspoonfullofsugar 41





rain rain.... we need it here and i really dont mind it ( as long as i dont have to go out in it ;) but oooh boy i get cold from it and then cant warm up . i really like watching all the little chickadees (dont know if what they really are, theyre little brown and black birdies) they hang out in the birch tree right outside my craft room window , about 20 or so of them at a time and frolic around in the water puddles and my bird baths.. just so precious and happy. my cats would like to be out there playing with them too lol.
anyways....on to the card :) in keeping with the whole bird theme here.. i killed 2 (so to speak) with 1 stone...this weeks theme over at artygirlz is blue and yellow and aspoonfull the theme is torn edges so i incorporated both onto the one card. for it i used my handy dandy cricut and wild card (birds cut at 1 and 1~1/2 inches, i added cloud9 raindot hearts for thier wings.) jasmine (corners cut at 4~1/2 inches) and Beyond birthdays (hello friend cut at 2 inches) cartridges. the birds the saying and the corners were cut from ivory cardstock i inked the birds and corners with colorbox chalk/ink and the sentiment with stampin up ink.
the paper is memorybox. thank you so much for visiting my blog and a lil hug for leaving a comment which i very much appreciate :) oh.. and you can get to arty girlz by clicking HERE and aspoonfull by clicking HERE
now go have some blog hoppin fun:) shelly

13 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Still raining here too Shelly. I'm with you, I'm not going anywhere! If these aren't the sweetest birdies I just don't know. Love their little heart wings! Love the yellow and blue. xxD

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Shelly,
Awww...Your so sweet to me..LOL..I thought the title might drag more people to take a little peak...LOL...I feel kind-of like the MB by-passes my work sometimes...(Sniff)...Not on purpose I am sure....The Mb moves way too fast sometimes these days...I still have my most important friends still though...Including YOU...Love, Krista

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

oops peek...It's late..

DeeDee said...

Hi there girlie! Boy oh boy are you ever talented! I've been trying to catch up on my blog surfing and of course had to stop and see what you are up to! I love it all girlie! GREAT job! HUGS!

Crissi Harvey said...

Beautiful card shelly

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

crissi xx

Mrs Mac said...

I love watching the birds in the bird bath! By July we have lots of juvenile starlings bathing- they actually queue up!!! And go in and out 4 or 5 at a time. It always lifts me to see them.

At the moment though I am having to break th eice off the top of the water each morning for them. Sometimes I pour a kettle of hot water into it- it makes it just tepid, but leaves steam all around it. In th eminute it takes to get back indoors and at my window, a blackbird will be in there, having his steam bath :)

Anyway, to the card! I really love it!!! I always like the look of paper tearing and sublte distressing. I love your colours and have a soft spot for cards with birds on!

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Shelly! I feel like it's been ages since I visited your blog! Look at all that I've been missing! These birds are just too cute! Love the soft colors on this one and nobody can age paper like Shelly can!

cloudofdreams said...

Beautiful work Shelly!! CONGRATS on being one of the ladies picked for the Paper Blooms Design Team!! How exciting for you!!

Maggi said...

The birds are too cute!

jcscraphappy said...

you already know im a fan of yours :)
love the card the lil birds are great.
thanks for sharing
jennie(jcscraphappy)

jcscraphappy said...

you already know im a fan of yours :)
love the card the lil birds are great.
thanks for sharing
jennie(jcscraphappy)

Oliva Ohlson said...

Congratulations! Can't wait for the fun to begin!

Julie Allain said...

Wonderful card Shelly xx