Monday, May 10, 2010

creative visions a fairy creative place tutorial

happy monday! hope you had a super mothers day :) i sure did. spent time with my daughter and my mom, plus my younger brother step dad  my mom requested i make chinese food so i did. just a fun time :) sooo....
this week its my turn at creative visions a fairy creative place  to offer a tutorial.
i found this neat technique that i am having sooooo much fun with over on SCS. its called crayon resist.
you just stamp an image onto a neutral  cardstock, color the image  if you want to. i just used a stamp marker on mine. the stamps are from a time for prayer (flowers/swirleys)  and hello hunny ( sentiment) sets. they can be purchased here . take a white crayon and color in any parts you want to remain white AND over your ink if you colored in your image. next , you take a sponge and sponge on some background color. i used SU yoyo yellow ( very lightly) and bordering blue.  now take a paper towel and buff  over your image and then the entire piece of cardstock. thats it youre done . isnt that a neat effect! so i hope ive inspired you to try this  as beate did me from scs :)
the extras on my card are basic grey opaline pearls, papers are su  and prima . i also added a dab of stickkles to the centers of the flowers. my pictures arentt he best .sorry about that. not a good lighting day for photos here. hope the rest of your day goes good and let me know if you try this :) id love to see and get other ideas :) XXXshelly

2 comments:

Juls said...

this is beautiful! Love the soft pinks! Hugs Juls

Carol<>< said...

I like this look on this card....
will give it a try soon.
Carol<><