Tuesday, March 29, 2011

the kraft journal challenge

happy tuesday :) if you know me youre gonna be sooo surprised with this one. theres always 2 things i use on my cards.. i didnt use one of them ...   can ya guess before looking ;)
this weeks theme over at TKJ is flowers. 
for my card i started with kraft cardstock  (purchased at thekraftoutlet ,link on my side bar) 
i took a stem stamp ( dont know who made this one)  and stamped directly onto the cardstock with colorbox archival dye (tree frog) then outlined with a pen and then colored in a little with  TH distress ink ( peeled paint). stamped some dragonflies ( inkadinkadoo i think) in TH distress ink( victorian velvet) the outlined with a pen again and added distress stickles ( victorian velvet)
for the flowers, i cut them using my cricut and a scallop circle using a glassine bag ( also purchased from TKO).i colored them with TH distress stains ( spun sugar and wild honey and victorian velvet)
added a brad to hold them together and adhered them to the stems with a glue dot. ( that i also made using aleens tac~ it over and over). i added some dirt shading and sky shading using Th distress inks. i also added victorian velvet shimmer that i made myself. 
thanks so much for checking this one out your comments warm my heart :) have a great rest of day xxxshelly

ok ok.. i didnt use patterned paper at all. i know im in total shock too ;)  ive been batteling a migraine and just wasnt in the mood to decide on  paper .

4 comments:

Turnedgypsy said...

so pretty

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! How cool this is! I love it! Awesome stamping and fantastic flowers. I'm going to have to give these a try. :)
Thanks for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal.

Sonia said...

Hi!!
Wow! I love your card! but love more the flowers, look fabulous.
Glassine bag?.. first time I read about this bag.
Great Creation!!
Good Luck with challenge.
-Sony

*I'm your new follower*

Unknown said...

I am really lovin' on this card...and no patterned paper...awesome, love the stamping and those flowers ... sooooo pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!