Friday, May 27, 2011

papercutz banner challenge

happy friday :) this week over at PCC our challenge is to use a banner. i wasnt thrilled with the first card i made so i made 2 for this week . be sure to head on over to the PCC blog and see what the rest of the DT has created this week and of course join in with us :) 
for the first card i  cut some circles in half and added hearts and flowers from my cricut and accent essentials cartridge. easy easy but like i said not thrilled with it...so....
my second card i used my cricut and tagsbagsandmore cart for some tags, i added hearts from the same cart. and adhered to hemp for a banner. i used some paper raffia for "ribbon" and added a cute pink button. the wording is a SU stamp.  i also created a scallop using circles tossed on a few pearls inked up with colorbox fluid chalk. paper is tim holtz. i am so in love with this paper pack i have to sort of hide it from myself so i dont use it on every card i make :)
thanks so much for hanging out with me for a few i love when you visit :) as always your comments make me smile big time.  have a crafty day :) XXXshelly

                                           card 1



                                                               
                                                                card 2

5 comments:

cardchick's world said...

beautiful!!!! just luv your style and design :)

Jeri said...

Hi girlfriend. Love both your banner cards. Great idea to use circles cut in half and tags. Your such a genius.

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful work....I am loving your style:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

I forget to tell you Shelly that I am now a new follower of yours. I love what I see....super creative!
I hope you find time and pop over to my blog and if you like what you see, please follow me too::)
I look forward to seeing all your creations. TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Both of your card are fabulous. When I first saw the second card I said holy crow I LOVE LOVE those papers..totally agreeing with you on it. Grogeous work Shell. So are you going to share with your all so appreciative friend what stack it is from..also I have been trying to do that with my raffia but it is way too too thin. I can tell yours is way thicker..where can I get some??? Oh please share.