Wednesday, February 1, 2012

whimsical wednesdays bringing out the old challenge #41

happy wednesday :) this week over at WW our challenge is to use something weve bought and havent used in a long time or never have used. i dont buy what i wont use so this one was a task for me at first until i got looking through my stamps, which i dont have many of, and came across the 2 ill show you in a minute. i bought these in 2000 from stampin up. i just HAD to have them thinking id use these lil cuties on every card i made .. guess what.. i have them alright but this is the very FIRST time using them! how ridiculous is that! do you have anything you bought but havent used in this long? im so ashamed of myself.
i should go on a shopping trip to make myself feel better about this :)
so are you ready to see my had to haves.

heres the first
 this cutie is from the set called costume bears. i colored her in with distress ink . i used my blades on my cutter for the b/g papers which are prima and used distress ink on the edges. added some light yellow pearls and   i added distress stickles to her tutu but cant capture them in the photo so well.




the sentiment is from stephs set called whimsical fun vol.1 



heres part 2 of had to have ;) 


now how in the world did i neglect this sweet lil thing.
i colored him in with prisma pencils. added a couple of buttons and a faux corner the nifty papers are 7gypsies.. easy easy :) i think this is a cute guy card.
this sentiment is also from the whimsical fun set. 


thanks so much for visiting today. hope ive inspired you to play along with us this week :) be sure to check out the rest of the DTS neglected stash :) have a great rest of day :) your sweet comments leave me with a smile. thank you for that. xxxshelly

8 comments:

Nanne said...

oh those are adorable cards Shelly.. love the little bears, plus they sentiments you used..
hugs
Nanné

mum of two said...

These cards are beautiful :) I can see why you had to have the stamps. They are so cute! You did a stunning coloring job too. TFS
michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

Your cards are beautiful Shelly! I love the antique look and pearls on the first one and the great colors and buttons on the second! Wonderful job!

Karen H said...

Shelly, these are marvelous! :o) I love the designs, the papers, and those precious stamps! Fantastic coloring job, too. I love how each card has its own beautiful characteristics.. they just whisk you right in! (And I love all those buttons and pearls!) Excellent work! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Unknown said...

Two beautiful cards Shelly! Those bears are adorable, and I love how you used two different techniques to color each one, and they both came out just as wonderful than the other! I love the way you combine papers, and colors..fabulous. You sure put your neglected stash to work this week!

Unknown said...

Both cards are great. Love those bear images.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Your cards are wonderful Shelly! I especially love the bear. Your coloring is fantastic and love the papers..awesome color combination! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

BEAUTIFUL job with both of your cards!Your coloring is AMAZING my friend,I LOVE the sweet images, Have a great evening!:)