Wednesday, February 8, 2012

whimsical wednesdays colors of love challenge #42

happy wednesday :) this weeks theme at WW is using red white and one other color of our choice.be sure to check out  the rest of the dts awesome projects.
i have such a difficult time with the colors  red and white for some reason. i like the look when i see others use these colors but when i try im sooo dissatisfied with the outcome. do you have a color you just cant seem to work with too?
for this weeks card i first had decided to go pink as my extra, ya know with all the love stuff floatin around . but just couldnt get my crafty groove on still then decided hey now black is a good color that goes with everything and its one of my favorites.so thats what i went with on my card. 

for the hearts i used my cricut and happily ever after cartridge. i added distress stickles (fired brick) to them.
the sentiment is from stephs set called with love 


thanks so much for sharing some of your time with me today. i really love our visits :) i also love your sweet comments they always leave me with a smile . thank you so much for that :)
have an awesome rest of day and be sure to put your crafty mitts on and join us this week at WW :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelly, I love the hearts! I have the same color struggles, so I feel your pain, girl. I think black was the way to go on this one. LOVE the look of the distress stickles!

GiGi said...

This is gorgeous Shelly! I love the great colors and the swirly hearts. The papers are awesome! Great job!

Karen H said...

Oooh, this is so classically beautiful! :o) I LOVE those hearts. :o) Beautiful paper and I love those sweet hearts beside the sentiment. Like you, I have the hardest time finding a color that looks good with red/white. I wanted to do pink but nothing looked nice! I settled on pale yellow, which turned out pretty.. save the fact that my camera didn't capture it well. Fail. So if you ever have this type of challenge and you want to veer from black, try accents of delicate pale yellow. :o) Lovely work as always, Shelly!

Hugs and blessings!

Tangle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! I love this card, black and red is one of my favorite color combos : ).

Carol's Creations said...

Very romantic card...love it!

Heather May Holbrook said...

Hi Shelly! this card is just FAB! Love the effect you added to that heart with the stickles- really pretty! Looking forward to working with you on WD and new follower! :)
Hugs,
Heather P
www.heather-p.blogspot.com/

Esther said...

Shelly
your card is so pretty!
I am a new design tam member for Whimsical Wednesday and looking forward to working with you!

DonnaMundinger said...

Love your color combo, Shelly! this is truly striking and beautiful! xxD

Debbie said...

I really like the heart cut!! Love the sparkle on it, too!
Debbie
http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/