Saturday, December 8, 2012

christmas tag

happy saturday :) heres a little something i made this morning while waiting to go bowling.
im entering it into a couple of challenges.
DLART: linky party for december anything goes AND dianas thankful thursday challenge:red and green
3 girl Jam : christmas project. theyre having a fun bloghop so go check that out!
my sheri crafts:decorate a package bag or tag
word art wednesday: anything goes. they have a sweet freebie digi  message you can use also.
fantabulous cricut challenges: snow
little scrap pieces : its beginning to look a lot like christmas
tons of fun and inspiration on each of these challenge blogs and im sure theyd all just love for you to play along too.
                                                   
for this tag i cut out a tag with my cricut and tagsbagsboxesandmore cartridge, then traced it onto a piece of cardboard, cut it out with scissors then pulled off the top piece of paper from the cardboard to expose the corrugated part. then i painted it with distress paint (picket fence) once that dried i applied a bunch of chunky glitter. the tree is cut from the joys of the season cartridge. i inked it up with a little  SU stamp pad and also used my signo white gel pen . i added some clear rhinestones. for the snow mound i applied some snow-tex and more chunky glitter ( sorry couldnt get the photo to show that)

then i finsished it off with this beautiful crinkle ribbon from 3girlsjam (winter bundle, hollyberry and mistletoe .its so gorgeous!) i tied on a cute little silver bell. the star is a hatpin i adhered between my layers of the tree.


hope you like my sweet little tag :) thanks so much for stopping by your sweet comments always make me smile thank you for that too :) happy crafting! xxxshelly







17 comments:

Sharon said...

WOW!!!!! This is awesome!! I so love it. Beautiful!!!! :)

DIANA L. said...

OH my Gosh Shelly this is so creative.
I thought that was a glass block such an awesome design.
This is so sweet. I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES December Linky Party
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Missy said...

Great tag, I really like the faux s now!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!!

Brianna loeffelbein said...

What a great Tag !! I deal with cardboard everysingle day, working for UPS and I just love what you did with this. I am always throwing away small scraps I think I will start to keep it, to try your idea. Thanks for joining us at FCCB This week!!
Brianna

Cheri said...

This is such a neat tag. I really like how you added so much texture by pulling off the top layer. Thanks so much for liking it up to the Christmas Inspiration challenge at 3 Girl JAM.

Cheri - 3 Girl JAM DT
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the metallic feel of your tag and the sweet little tree. Blessings!

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

I LOVE everything about it. What's more - I have most of the supplies to do this, so I might just have to "case" this one as I'd never think to do it myself. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Bernadet
bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great tag! Love the snow and the fantastic Christmas tree! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

ShelbyWoo said...

WOW this is an amazing idea......runs to find cardboard!!!!!! :) thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts

Life and Knits said...

Really love your sweet snowy tag! This is great!

Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

Susie

jessica said...

Hello my sweet friend!!
This tag is gorgeous!!! LOVE the snow you added and the Tim inspired look!
Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with our Christmas Inspiration Challenge over at the 3 Girl Jam Challenge Blog!!
Jessica
3GJ DT

Pink Dalmatians said...

very cute tag! Thank you so much for posting the details of your process! Thanks for sharing your creation with us this week on the FCCB!

Kim H said...

Shelly ~ OMG!! This is just GORGEOUS!! I really am in AWE of how you created this tag!! So CLEVER!! The coragated cardboard with the paint and distress paints ~ looked like ice!! WOW, WOW, WOW! I am going to investigate this pen too! Shelly ~ simply STUNNING!!!

scrapqueen141 said...

Fantabulous tag, love it great work! Thank you for joining us this week at FCCB!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Sherrie K. said...

Absolutely love your tag! So pretty and love the texture from the corrugated cardboard! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at LSP!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Karen said...

wow stunning tag looks like ice! love the bell on the red ribbon.... thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge this week. Karen

Jessica Buffa said...

Shelly, such a gorgeous tag with lots of love to designing it perfectly. Wonderful techniques. Thanks so much for linking up to our Christmas Challenge at 3 Girl JAM. Wishing you a Happy New Year!
:O)
Jessica B.
3GJ DT Member