Monday, May 20, 2013

pass it along with bitten by the bug 2

happy monday!! this week over at bbtb2 our sweet sarah has chosen for us to make a card or project to pass along and make someones day :)  use any cart etc on this one :)
be sure to check out the rest of the dts fantastic projects and be sure to join us we love when you do!

heres my project

to make this i found an old bottle lid and wanted to see what i could do with it. some little unfinished wooden spindels and dowel caps  i found at hobby lobby. i glued 2 together and painted them with acrylic paint.
i filled a bottle cap with dimensional mod podge that i added a drop of alcohol ink to.
i added some moss, twigs and teensie flowers. i used my cricut and happily ever after cartridge for the birds. for the sentiment i used a stamp from mary, of cardztv "simply sad" set.  my printer died an untimely and inconvenient death so  i used my own chicken scratch on the tag.
i thought it would be fun to have the recipient keep this a week then pass it and the envie along. in the envie just add a nice tea (which i did) or piece of yummy chocolate, whatever, then maybe each recipient adding their name either tucked inside or written on outside of the back of the envelope, just let the birdies migrate all over :)
well thanks for putting up with my rambling :) your sweet words always make me smile thanks for that! dont forget to come play along with us at the bug2 :) happy crafting!xxxshelly

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh I love this Shelly and love the idea of it!! To keep something passing on to brighten someone's day is just awesome! I love how you took a hoge poge of things and created something so beautiful!! I love the "water" in the cap lid, looks so real!! You are just so talented!! Hugs!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Shelly!!! I got goosebumps reading your idea to keep passing it along!!! Love it!!! I can't believe u came up with this beautiful project all from a lid!!!! It's stunning!!!!
And the little birdies are so stinking cute!!!

Hugs
Sarah

Jayne said...

Shelly I have been admiring this ever since I spotted it on the DT blog! I Love This! The idea behind it and how you've brought it all together is so creative and amazing!
I would want to keep it and not pass it on!!
Jayne x

DIANA L. said...

Shelly super cute idea I love what you did with it! great colors to thanks for the inspiration-- mine is nothing like this, but I will keep this idea for the future
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great project!

Caroline said...

What a great idea, to pass it along. So many people would get the joy of this project! You make such fabulous projects!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Shelly what an awesome project. I just love it!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project Shelly. Very creative. It will be appreciated.

Sharon said...

I love it Shelly!!! What a fantastic project!! The little birds are so adorable! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

SO SO cool! You are amazingly creative! I love the life as the pool for the birds :) And your idea to pass it along to multiple friends is wonderful!
Michelle

Susan Edwards said...

You put so much work into this, Shelly. I love that sentiment stamp!
Susan

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Shelly I'm with Jayne I would want to keep it too! What a wonderful project you are just so creative!
Hugs
Juliexx