Monday, July 1, 2013

bitten by the bug2 patriotic challenge

happy monday :) this week  at BBTB2  our sweet susan has chosen a patriotic theme. oh man be sure to check out the rest of the dts fantastic projects you will just be blown away :) and play along with us we love when you do!
i made a thank you card for one of my neighbors. he served our country and loves everything  americana. hes also getting a homemade apple pie :)
im entering this over at dlart for dianas thankful thursday patriotic challenge.

 i used george for my cuts. (heart and thanks)
i added some ribbon and an unfinished wooden heart that i colored with a bic mark~it
for the banners i cut some rectangles then used a square punch.
thanks so much for the visit today hope ive inspired you to play along :) your sweet comments really make me smile thank you big time for that :) have a great rest of day/night and happy crafting!xxxshelly .

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Shelly I love this card! The papers are fabulous and I think this is perfect for your neighbor, I know he will appreciate this handmade card and of course the apple pie! Thank you for thanking your neighbor for his service. That is so sweet of you. Hugs!

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Shelly!! I love it! And your neighbor is going to love it, too!! :)

Susan Edwards said...

What a great card for your neighbor, Shelly. Love the stapled down ruffle, the paper choices, and the inking behind the USA cuts!
Hugs,
Susan

Caroline said...

Your card is so wonderful! I love the paper and how you made your banner! Beautiful card!

Scrapping Girl said...

This will be a wonderful treat for your neighbor, between the apple pie and the beautiful card! I am amazed at the inking on the banners-looks fantastic! Love the papers and ruffle too :)
Michelle

DIANA L. said...

This is awesome sHELLEY LOVE THE FLAG LOOK AND YOUR TWILL IS GREAT!! I hope it quiets down in your naighborhood- be safe hugs,
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #112 PATRIOTIC !! challenge, Have a great day
DIANA L.
http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com