Monday, October 28, 2013

paper playtime

happy monday!  i'm going to make this a quick post as today is my 50th birthday and i'm spending the day with my daughter. she's making me and a few friends and other family members dinner woo hoo! my kitten olivia is a pain in the bootey as she thinks she has to be included in EVERYTHING! she means well i'm sure :) but i'll be busy keeping her out of the kitchen :)  we sure do love her to pieces :) so......on to what you're really here for ...
 this week over at paper playtime our fun challenge is googly eyes. be sure to check out the rest of the dts projects you will love them! and be sure to play along with us we love when you  do!
for my goodly eyed project i altered a tin can
this was super super simple. i just adhered a black piece of cardstock to the can. then took some gauze and  hot glued it on. just where the ends met up. then i created an area for the eyes and mouth by putting a dab of hot glue and then pushing up and also down on the gauze. does that make sense? im a visual person so my explaining sounds right in my head but once i write it out..well...;) youre smart you can see what i did :) i added googly eyes. these were the only large ones i have i would have liked to use ones without lashes for a more spooky effect but wasnt in a mood for a hobby lobby run. ok ok i really was but kew id end up spending more money than i want so i kept my butt glued to my crafty chair and dealt with what i had on hand :) 
ok so now to spend time with my kiddo :) thanks bunches for spending time with me! have a fun safe halloween! 
XXXshelly 

3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is so sweet
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Sharon said...

I love it Shelly!!! What a fabulous idea. Some little munchkin is going to be excited to get this fabulous treat holder!!!
Happy Birthday!! Hope you are having an awesomely wonderful and Blessed Day!!! :)

Kim H said...

Shelly HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! This is just DARLING! LOVE this idea too! I think I am going to borrow this next year!!! TOO CUTE!